Core Grants Program
The Seybert Foundation supports organizations working to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged children and youth in the City of Philadelphia. Our grants are made in the form of General Operating Support to those organizations whose missions align with that of the Foundation.
Established under the Will of Henry Seybert, and chartered in 1914 as the Adam and Maria Sarah Seybert Institution for Poor Boys and Girls of Philadelphia, the Seybert Foundation directs its giving primarily to community-based organizations in the City of Philadelphia providing direct services to disadvantaged children and youth, with annual operating budgets of less than $1.5 million.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2021-2023 CORE GRANTS PROGRAM. WE WILL BEGIN ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEXT CORE GRANTS CYCLE IN SPRING 2023.
- Applications were accepted through Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Applicants will be notified of funding decisions in July 2021.
- Click to view and download the 2021-2023 Core Grants Application.
- We will begin accepting applications for the 2023-2025 Core Grants Program in Spring 2023.
CORE GRANTS PROGRAM
- REQUESTS- All requests must be for General Operating Support, so please do not request funds for a specific program or project.
- AMOUNTS- Core Grants will be in the amount of $20,000 over a 2-year period ($10,000/year), and applications will be accepted again in Spring, 2023.
- QUESTIONS- If you have any questions about your organization’s eligibility after reading the Eligibility section of the website, please take a moment before completing an application and email our Manager for advice on applying, to ensure that you meet the requirements for consideration. You may also want to review Frequently Asked Questions and Funding Priorities before applying. Note: applications will not be accepted before 2021.
CORE GRANTS APPLICATION- You can view our 2021-2023 Core Grants Application to get an idea of the questions we typically ask for Core Grants. This may change when we accept new applications in Spring 2023, so please check back and download a new application in Spring 2023.
REPORTING- Grantees are required to complete both an interim mid-grant report and a final grant report during the course of the grant period.
- INTERIM REPORT – The mid-grant form linked on this page is a generic template includes the questions being asked of all grantees that received a Core Grant for General Operating Support in 2021. Each grantee organization was emailed a unique report form that included the original response provided during the application process. Click to view and download our new Core Grants interim-grant report form. The deadline to submit the Interim Grant Report Form is 5:00 PM on Friday, June 3, 2022.
- FINAL REPORT – Click to view and download the 2018-2021 Core Grants Final Report form to get an idea of the questions that were previously asked. An updated final report form will be posted here in Spring 2023.