APPLYING FOR A GRANT
The Seybert Foundation supports organizations working to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged children and youth in the City of Philadelphia. Our grants are made in the form of General Operating Support to those organizations whose missions align with that of the Foundation.
Established under the Will of Henry Seybert, and chartered in 1914 as the Adam and Maria Sarah Seybert Institution for Poor Boys and Girls of Philadelphia, the Seybert Foundation directs its giving primarily to community-based organizations in the City of Philadelphia providing direct services to disadvantaged children and youth, with annual operating budgets of less than $1.5 million.
UPDATE: In the face of this unprecedented time of crisis, the Board of Directors of the Seybert Foundation has approved an additional year of General Operating Support to the Foundation’s current grantees. This decision was made to help sustain the operations of the 2018-2020 Core Grantees. The Core Grants Program will reopen in March 2021.
While we will not be accepting new applications at this time, we welcome the opportunity to get to know your organization before the next application period opens. We would be happy to schedule phone calls or video meetings to connect. Once we are able to, we welcome the opportunity to meet in person and see your organization’s programming in action.
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR OUR CORE GRANTS IN SPRING, 2021.
- The 2021-2023 Core Grants Application will be available beginning Monday, March 15, 2021. (please note change in date)
- Applications will be accepted through Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Applicants will be notified on funding decisions in July 2021.
CORE GRANTS PROGRAM
- REQUESTS- All requests must be for General Operating Support, so please do not request funds for a specific program or project.
- AMOUNTS- Core Grants will be in the amount of $20,000 over a 2-year period ($10,000/year), and applications will be accepted again in Spring, 2021.
- QUESTIONS- If you have any questions about your organization’s eligibility after reading the Eligibility section of the website, please take a moment before completing an application and email our Manager for advice on applying, to ensure that you meet the requirements for consideration. You may also want to review Frequently Asked Questions and Funding Priorities before applying. Note: applications will not be accepted before 2021.
APPLICATION- You can view our 2018 Core Grants Application, to get an idea of the questions we typically ask for Core Grants. This may change when we accept new applications in the next grant cycle.
GRANT REPORTS- Grantees are required to complete both an interim grant report and a final grant report.
- Interim Report – Click to view and download our new Core Grants interim-grant report form. The deadline to submit the Interim Grant Report Form was Friday, May 31, 2019.
- Final Report – The Core Grants final report form will be available on Monday, March 15, 2021. This report must be completed by all 2018-2021 Core Grants Program grantees. The deadline to submit the report will be Monday, May 31, 2021 by 5:00 PM.